Improved Brown Turkey Fig
Grow in the landscape or containers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 feet
- Zone: 7-10
- Flowering Date: Harvest in mid summer to fall
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Improved Brown Turkey Fig
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameFicus carica
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Hardiness Zone7-10
- Flowering DateHarvest in mid summer to fall
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Don't bury the crown. Not particular about soil, will take clay-like or sandy as long as it is well drained.
- Winter CareMove indoors to a frost free location if your winter temperatures go below 0 degrees F each winter.
- Flower FormNot noticeable.
- Foliage Type3 to 5 lobed medium green, coarse in texture.
- Soil RequirementWell drained.
- PruningFig trees typically don't require routine pruning but can be pruned to fit into your space. Prune only a little of the growth off the branches each year until tree reaches desired shape. Harvest figs when fruit turns mature color which is when fruit is soft and droops. It will slip from the tree
- Additional InformationUse Tanglefoot if ants on ripe fruit become a problem. Cover trees with netting if birds become an issue.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 10 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.