Hardy English Primrose
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 12 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Early spring to early summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Hardy English Primrose
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NamePrimula polyanthus Elite Hybrids
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 - 12 inches
- Spacing10 - 12 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateEarly spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsSet at same depth as it is growing in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareA light winter mulch is recommended to prevent frost heaving during the first 1-2 winters.
- Flower Form2 1/2 - 3" flowers form terminal clusters 6-8" across with a yellow center.
- Foliage TypeForms basal rosettes of oval to lance-shaped leaves that are medium green.
- Soil RequirementDeep rich, humus-enriched soil that is moisture retentive
- PruningNot necessary
- Additional InformationIf planted in too dense of shade, will not flower properly.
- Unique CharactersticsThe large prolific clusters of blooms. One of the most colorful perennials for shady sites.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 12 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.