Colorful Ground Covers Collection
Easy-to-grow ground cover enlivens shaded areas with color and texture
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 - 12 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Mid spring to early summer.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Colorful Ground Covers Collection
Lamium grows well in shaded to partially shaded to shaded areas, making it perfect for planting along the edges of woodland gardens or as a transition from one shade garden area to the next. When planted with spring-blooming bulbs, its colorful leaves hide fading bulb foliage. Collection includes 2 Ghost Lamium, 2 Golden Anniversary Lamium, 2 Purple Dragon Lamium. 3" pots. Lamium maculatum
Perennial • Z4-9 • H6-12"xW6-12" • Mid Spring to Early Summer • Shade-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure6
- Botanical NameLamium maculatum
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 - 12 inches
- Spacing6 - 12 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateMid spring to early summer.
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to spread out the roots without bending them.
- Winter CareHardy. No special requirements.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormClusters of 'snapdragon-like' flowers along the top 1/2 of the short sturdy stems.
- Foliage TypeVariations of green/white and green/yellow variegated foliage.
- Soil RequirementPrefers well-drained moist soil, but will grow in drier conditions.
- PruningRemove spent blooms to keep the plant tidy. After flowering.
- Additional InformationCollection includes: Ghost Lamium, Orchid Frost Lamium, Anne Greenaway Lamium
- Unique CharactersticsGhost Lamium (10608), Orchid Frost Lamium (10498), Anne Greenaway Lamium (6124)
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit6 - 12 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.