Green Cheeked Silver Bells
- Height/Habit: 12 - 18 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring, early summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Green Cheeked Silver Bells
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure10
- Botanical NameOrnithogalum nutans
- Ships As6+ CM BULB
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Spacing3 - 6 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateLate spring, early summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant 3-4" deep and 3-6" apart.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower Form1" bell-shaped flowers
- Foliage TypeLinear, mid green, broad leaves
- Soil RequirementWell drained garden soil
- PruningNone None
- Unique CharactersticsClock shaped flowers, leaves are long, strap like pale green. Excellent for bouquets, long lasting vase life. One of the very few hardy Ornithogalum. The flowers are born on spikes in groups of 3-12 with each flower having six separate spreading petals. The nodding star shaped flower have soft jade green colored bands in the outside and are white on the inside. Member of the Lily family.
- Shipped6+ CM BULB
- Height/Habit12 - 18 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.