Golden Lights Deciduous Azalea
Can survive the coldest of days
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 36 - 72 inches
- Zone: 3-7
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer.
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Golden Lights Deciduous Azalea
Light: Partial shade
Bloom Time: Late Spring
Zones: 4 to 8
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRhododendron 'Golden Lights'
- Ships As2" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 72 inches
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Hardiness Zone3-7
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer.
- Planting InstructionsPerforms best in partial to full shade woodland setting. Plant 2-3" deep and approximately 3-5" apart.
- Winter CareShallow fibrous root system should be mulched for each winter season.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower FormOpen, funnel-shaped flowers, up to 1 1/2" across, appear in trusses of up to 12.
- Foliage TypeOvate, dark green foliage in the summer, followed by a variable bronze-red fall color. Deciduous in winter.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus enriched, acidic soil 4.0 to 5.5 pH..
- PruningPrune to shape and to remove dead and broken branches. After flowering, before new flower buds form in midsummer.
- Additional InformationDeveloped and released from the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum 1986. Be careful when digging and hoeing around the base of azaleas because of the shallow root system.
- Unique CharactersticsDelicate fern-like blue green foliage. Reddish pink spurred flowers rise slightly above the attractive foliage. Very showy flowers for the shade garden or shade rock garden. Could also be planted under trees and large shrubs to create a naturalized setting. Frost resistant. Good companion to the yellow and blue Corydalis.
- Shipped2" POT
- Height/Habit36 - 72 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.