Outstanding yellow variety
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6.5 - 8 feet
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Early summer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis tangutica 'Helios'
- Ships As2.5" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateEarly summer to fall
- Planting InstructionsPlant 3" deeper than it was in the original pot. Bury the first set of leaves to encourage production for strong shoots. It also discourage clematic wilt.
- Winter CareMulch to protect roots.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower FormPerfect, borne solitary or in 3 flowered cymes, sepals are showy portion.
- Foliage TypeOpposite, pinnate, leaflets ovate slightly pubescent beneath.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, and should be mulched.
- PruningSmall-flowered clematis do not need to be pruned regularly. Only when they grow too large for their space should they be cut back. Though their growth habit makes them difficult to prune, it can be done in late winter or early spring. All shoots can be cut back to the previous year's wood, just abov
- Additional InformationThese varieties bloom first on new growth beginning in midsummer, and then again on new shoots in early fall. The second round will likely produce smaller flowers than the first and flowers that were double the first time may be single the second time.
- Unique CharactersticsA small-flowered, coconut-scented variety, 2"-4" in diameterYellow flowers are nodding and lantern-shaped when they emerge, becoming flatter as the petals open upwardsFlowers are followed by decorative seed pods which can be used in dried flower arrangementsBlooms from June-Oct.Moderately drought tolerantIdeal for screening purposes or for growing over large shrubsWinner of the Dutch Award of Merit in 1988 for the best yellow-flowered clematis
- Shipped2.5" POT
- Height/Habit6.5 - 8 feet
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.