Glowing Embers Hydrangea
Compact hydrangea with vibrant color.
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 36 - 72 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Late Summer
We ship this item in Fall
Glowing Embers Hydrangea
- Season Fall
- Botanical NameHydrangea macrophylla 'Glowing Embers'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Spacing6 - 7 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate Summer
- Planting InstructionsSet so crown is at or just below soil level. Firm and water well
- Winter CareShould be mulched in northern zones, remove early in spring before growth starts. In zone 5 set in a sheltered location to protect flower buds from winter damage.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormBorne in large, rounded, much branched corymbs composed of colorful sterile flowers
- Foliage TypeDark, glossy green, 4" - 8" long, 3" - 5" wide
- Soil RequirementWell drained, moisture retentive soils
- PruningTo shape and for aesthetics After flowering
- Additional InformationFlower color affected by soil pH. Strong blues develope in acid (5.0 - 5.5), pinks in alkaline (6.0 - 6.5) soils
- Unique CharactersticsLarge, bold, brightly colored flowers and lush foliage make this a very attractive and useful plant in the garden. It is fast growing and requires little care. In summer it brings bold highlights of color in sunny or shady situations. This variety has particularly vibrant colored flowers. Does well in coastal areas. The dried flower heads are ornamental and give interest to the winter garden or in dried flower arrangements in the house
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit36 - 72 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.