Giant Mixed Allium
Impressive blooms in early summer
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Giant Mixed Allium
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure15
- Botanical NameAllium aflatunense, Allium nigrum
- Ships As10-12 CM BULB
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI ID PR WA
- Spread4 - 6 inches
- Spacing6 - 10 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting Instructions4 - 6" deep and 6 - 10" apart.
- Winter CareBest if given a winter mulch in northern climates.
- Flower Color:mixed
- Flower FormSmall star-like blossoms in a spherical form.
- Foliage TypeLong, linear and strap-like.
- Soil RequirementLoosen soil about 10" and water well after planting.
- PruningLet the foliage mature and die down naturally allowing the bulb to store energy for next year's blooms.
- Additional InformationAllium aflatunense, A. Purple Sensation and A. nigrum.
- Unique CharactersticsExtend the bloom season with these last spring blooming alliums. An attractive mix of purples and white. Spherical blooms are extended high above rich green strap like foliage on strong sturdy stems.
- Shipped10-12 CM BULB
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.