- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 36 inches
- Zone: 9-10
- Flowering Date: Summer to first frost in fall.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
A great container plant for the shaded porch or patio, Gartenmeister Fuchsia is a vigorous grower with an upright habit. Its showy, dark bronze and green leaves are veined with red-purple hues. The single, long-tubed, brick red flowers bloom all summer until frost. To encourage more blooms, lightly shear and fertilize the plant midway through the growing season. This fuchsia can also be planted in the partially shaded garden. While it will tolerate full sun, it thrives in partial shade, especially in the South. 3" pot. Fuchsia 'Gartenmeister Bonstedt'
Annual • Z9-10 • H18-36"xW24-36" • Summer to Frost • Shade-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameFuchsia 'Gartenmeister Bonstedt'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone9-10
- Flowering DateSummer to first frost in fall.
- Planting InstructionsPlace them outdoors in a protected area in partial shade. Will tolerate full sun but thrives in partial shade, especially in the South.
- Winter CareOverwinter in a greenhouse or cool garage with minimal soil moisture. Set outside again after last spring frost.
- Flower Color:orange
- Flower FormTripphylla group - single blooms with long tubular section.
- Foliage TypeDark bronze and green leaves with reddish purple veining.
- Soil RequirementHumus rich, well drained soil.
- PruningCut back to encourage more branching and flowering. Light shearing midway through the growing season will encourage blooming.
- Additional InformationA fertilizer application midway through the growing season will encourage more blooming.
- Unique CharactersticsBeautiful, decorative foliage which appears in Fall and stays on the plants all winter look (fully hardy!). Cyclamen tubers live extremely long! Great for naturalizing.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit18 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.