Frida Kahlo™ Floribunda Rose
Available Exclusively from Spring Hill
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 36 inches
- Zone: 4-10
- Flowering Date: Late spring to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Frida Kahlo™ Floribunda Rose
Z4-10 •H30-36"xW30-36" •Late Spring to Fall •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRosa cv. 'WEKcifrabaun', PPAF
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK CA CO GU HI ID IN MO MT ND NJ NM NV OR PR SD WA WY
- Spread30 - 36 inches
- Spacing30 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-10
- Flowering DateLate spring to fall
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Don't bury the crown. Full sun is best for quicker flowering and higher quality plants.
- Winter CareMulch heavily around the base of the plant. Remove promptly in early spring.
- Flower FormVery double, decorative. Medium, up to 3Â½" diameter
- Foliage TypeDeep green
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soil.
- Watering RequirementRoses prefer a thorough watering but do not like 'wet feet'. Water early in the day to avoid wet conditions into the night which can cause issues with fungus and disease.
- PruningPrune to maintain shape and increase branching once established. Remove any dead or damaged branches. After flowering
- Additional InformationRoses prefer a thorough watering but do not like 'wet feet'. Water early in the day to avoid wet conditions into the night which can cause issues with fungus and disease.
- Unique CharactersticsThis new floribunda has it all-novel coloring, loads of blooms and great disease resistance. When we saw Frida in the test gardens, we loved how the clusters of striped flowers in warm hues of yellow, orange and red stood out against the dark green, full foliage. Adding to its charm is its slight tea fragrance. A vigorous, upright shrub, it has 5-6 flowers per cluster. In test trials in several states, it exhibited good resistance to rust, powdery mildew and downy mildew.
- Height/Habit30 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate once established.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.