Spectacular flower spikes
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 36 - 72 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Perennial• Z4-9 • H36-72"xW12" • Late Spring to Early Summer • Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameEremurus 'Ruiter Hybrids'
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 inches
- Spacing12 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting Instructions6-8" deep in hole large enough so the roots can be spread out without bending them, firm and water in thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch well in northern areas. Remove in early spring before growth starts. Protect from late spring frosts
- Flower Color:orange, yellow, pink, white, mixed
- Flower FormSmall, bell-shaped blooms in great profusion form large 12-18" racemes on the top 1/3 of the flower stem
- Foliage TypeLong strap-like green foliage that dies down after the flowers are passed
- Soil RequirementA light, well drained soil is essential and protection from wind and late frosts
- PruningRemove spent flower stems.
- Unique CharactersticsA spectacular display will surprise you in the early summer, as they send up their tall flowers! The flower colors range from pastels to orange. Eye-catchers for the sunny border. The warmer the better!
- Height/Habit36 - 72 inches
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.