Flower Girl Lenten Rose
Signal the approach of spring
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early Spring, Mid Spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Flower Girl Lenten Rose
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHelleborus 'Flower Girl'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread22 - 24 inches
- Spacing22 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly Spring, Mid Spring
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm well and water in thoroughly.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower Form2"-3" Double blooms
- Foliage TypeGreen
- Soil RequirementPrefers well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Watering RequirementAverage to low watering needs. Will tolerate short periods of drought.
- PruningTrim back last year's foliage in the Spring.
- Additional InformationHellebores are shade plants that need to be protected from the hot afternoon sun.
- Unique CharactersticsFrom Walters: Walters Gardens, Inc. hybridizer Hans Hansen has a passion for hellebores. In his breeding work, he selects for plants with notable vigor, showy floral displays with large numbers of blossoms per plant, and rich flower colors. The WEDDING PARTY™ series showcases his double flowered selections, available in numerous, beautiful color shades. Hellebores are the harbingers of spring, blooming for six weeks or more beginning in late winter. They are often flowering during the Christian season of Lent, from which they get their common name, Lenten Rose. This is the perfect plant for naturalizing in moist, woodland areas where it's extensive root system will spread as far as it is allowed.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.