Flaming Silver Pieris
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePieris japonica 'Flaming Silver'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly to mid spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant in a sight protected from strong winds.
- Winter CareMay need some winter protection until established.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormPanicles of white blooms 3 - 6" long.
- Foliage TypeNarrow obovate variegated cream and green evergreen leaves with firey red new growth.
- Soil RequirementMildly acidic pH of 6.1 to 6.5.
- PruningTrim or lightly cut back shoots. None necessary but if a smaller specimen is desired, takes pruning well. After flowering.
- Unique CharactersticsA highly ornamental broadleaf evergreen shrub, prized for its delicate and showy chains of small white bell-shaped flowers and fiery red emerging foliage which becomes silver variegated in summer; performs best in moist, organic and acidic soils Flaming Silver Japanese Pieris features dainty chains of white bell-shaped flowers hanging below the branches in early spring. It has attractive dark green foliage edged in white which emerges pink in spring. The glossy narrow leaves are highly ornamental and remain dark green throughout the winter. The fruit is not ornamentally significant.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit4 - 5 feet
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.