Flame Calla Lily
Bold and dramatic
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 16 - 22 inches
- Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Date: Early to midsummer.
We ship this item in Spring
Flame Calla Lily
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameZantedeschia 'Flame'
- Ships As14-16 CM BULB
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 - 8 inches
- Spacing6 - 8 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-10
- Flowering DateEarly to midsummer.
- Planting InstructionsWait until threat of frost has passed and soil has warmed. Plant bulbs in the ground 4" deep with the sprout side up.
- Winter CareIn colder climates dig up the rhizomes in autumn, after first frost, shake off any soil. Allow them to dry out for a few days before storing them in peat moss in a cool,dry area. Replant in Spring once soil has warmed. Lift in zones 3-7 for fall.
- Flower Color:orange
- Flower FormChalice-shaped or funnel-shaped flowers, 2 - 3" wide.
- Foliage TypeLanceolate, green foliage with white spots. Yellows toward dormancy and with frost.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus-enriched soil. Likes to be moist, but not wet. Needs good drainage.
- Additional InformationWonderful in cut flower arrangements. One bloom can last for up to 2 weeks. Foliage remains attractive long after the flowers are gone.
- Shipped14-16 CM BULB
- Height/Habit16 - 22 inches
- Growth RateSlow at first, then as temperatures reach 65+ degrees F, rapid growth occurs. Do not overwater when first planted.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.