Fire Spinner Ice Plant
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 1 - 3 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late Spring to early summer and reblooming sporadically throughout the summer months.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Fire Spinner Ice Plant
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameDelosperma 'Fire Spinner'®
- Ships As2" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread8 - 10 inches
- Spacing12 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate Spring to early summer and reblooming sporadically throughout the summer months.
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the container, firm well and water in thoroughly
- Winter CareBest placed in a sheltered location because no reliably winter hardy.
- Flower Color:orange, pink
- Flower Form1.5" daisy-like flowers with narrow petals.
- Foliage Typesucculent apple green foliage turn bronze in winter.
- Soil RequirementA well drained gravelly soil.
- Watering RequirementOnly water when soil is mostly dry.
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Unique Characterstics'Fire Spinner' has a shocking color combination of hundreds of 1.5" diameter sparkling orange and purple bicolored flowers tops against low-growing green succulent foliage in early summer & continues to bloom non-stop for over 3 months! This groundcover does the job thriving in heat, humidity and little water. Planted 1-2'apart the 6 plants will fill a 24 square foot area within 2 years.
- Shipped2" POT
- Height/Habit1 - 3 inches
- Growth RateModerate spreads 18-24" wide in two years.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.