- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Midsummer to early fall
We ship this item in Spring
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRudbeckia fulgida var. Sullivantii 'Goldsturm'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateMidsummer to early fall
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil in and around roots, firm well and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter, especially in areas where plants may heave from the ground due to alternating freezing and thawing temperatures. Remove the mulch early in spring, before the new growth starts.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower Form3-4" daisylike flowers have golden-yellow petals and an attractive, brownish-black center cone.
- Foliage TypeCoarse, dark green, oblong to lanceolate leaves.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, average garden soil.
- PruningRemove spent flowers to encourage repeat blooming. After flowering.
- Additional InformationAt the end of summer, leave seed heads on the plant to provide winter interest, and food for small birds. The Perennial Plant Association 1999 Perennial Plant of the Year.
- Unique CharactersticsVery adapted to high temperatures, the colorful sunflower-like flowers create a vibrant display ideal to inter-mix with other meadow flowers or to put at the back of a border where they will create an endless picture. Very resistant to heat and drought, extremely trouble-free. A great cut flower. Good full growth habit.
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.