Eye Spy Heucherella
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHeucherella FUN AND GAMES® Collection 'Eye Spy' PPAF
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread16 - 20 inches
- Spacing16 - 20 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring
- Planting InstructionsGrows best and has best color if planted in partial shade protected from hot afternoon sun. Can be grown in full shade, but growth is very slow.
- Winter CareMulch in colder zones.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormLittle trumpetlike blooms emerging from 16-inch scapes
- Foliage TypeBeautifully amber yellow leaves with distinct deep rose midvein
- Soil RequirementPrefers well-drained, humus rich soils
- Watering RequirementAverage. They like more moisture than the Heuchera.
- PruningNone, except to remove spent flower stems. After flowering
- Additional InformationHeucherella is a cross between Heuchera and Tiarella.
- Unique CharactersticsWalters: Heucherella are traditionally grown for their foliage; 'Eye Spy' bucks that trend by also having spectacular flowering performance. In the garden, bubblegum pink flowers appear in spring and bloom for many weeks. Growers will appreciate that in production this plant blooms without vernalization, although flowering performance will benefit from a cold treatment. In spring, large, dissected leaves emerge amber yellow with deep rose centers that vein up toward the edges of the leaves. As temperatures increase, the leaves mellow to bright chartreuse green with a silver overlay, forming a low mound of foliage that is evergreen in most climates. Perfect for brightening up the shade garden!
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit8 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.