Elena® Rose Lily
Uniform pink color
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Date: Midsummer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Elena® Rose Lily
Luxuriant pink, fully double blooms will amaze when they emerge in midsummer upon sturdy, 2-3' plants. Each perfect fragrant lily features long, recurved petals that bear rich, dark burgundy spots at the base. A very sophisticated flower, Elena is part of the "Roselily" series that has produced impressive results in back borders and cutting gardens. With its lovely double form and pretty color, this is sure to become a favorite in the landscape. Zones 3-10. Lilium 'Elena' PPAF
You won't easily find a more versatile or prettier garden flower than lilies. They come in a multitude of colors, shapes and sizes—some fragrant, others not—in either single- or double-petal forms. Choose from tall varieties that can grace the back of a sunny summer border, or select a dwarfed cultivar that looks fantastic along a winding walkway or garden path. Whichever type of lily bulbs you plant, you'll be blessed with spectacular flowers the following summer, and every year after that. Lilies are notoriously good naturalizers that increase in beauty and bloom as time goes on.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameLilim 'Elena®' PPAF
- Ships As16-18 CM
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 inches
- Spacing10 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-10
- Flowering DateMidsummer
- Planting InstructionsPlant with 4" of soil above the bulb. Prefers well-drained soil. Incorporate bulb booster or other high phosphorous fertilizer when planting.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormLong recurved petals that slowly curl open from high-centered buds
- Foliage TypeLong, thin green leaves
- Soil RequirementPrefers well-drained soil but will tolerate heavier soils.
- PruningRemove dried stems only after foliage dies back
- Unique CharactersticsPart of the 'Roselily' series, a breeding group we have been very impressed with, 'Elena' is by far the most uniform pink we have yet seen. Lightly spotted in the center with just a hint of yellow, the fluffy pink blooms of 'Elena' are as good as it gets. These bulbs are in very short supply and are coming directly to us from the breeder/grower for 2012 spring delivery as our crop is not up to numbers yet. Classified as "large flowering size bub", these range from 14/16 cms and all have flowered in the past growing season. This July bloomer carries the familiar Oriental lily fragrance and grows from 3 to 4 feet when settled in.
- Shipped16-18 CM
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.