Electric Plum Heuchera
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Midsummer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Electric Plum Heuchera
Perennial •Z4-9 •H8-10"xW16-18''•Midsummer to Fall •Sun-Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHeuchera 'Electric Plum' PPAF
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread16 - 18 inches
- Spacing16 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateMidsummer to fall
- Planting InstructionsVery versatile, performs well in shade and partial shade areas, but tolerates full sun as well.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormTiny bells on slender stems above the neat mounds of foliage
- Foliage TypeNear black, purple foliage
- Soil RequirementContent in a wide range of soils, but prefers slightly acidic.
- PruningNo pruning necessary. Divide every 4-5 years if crowns become woody.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: The foliage on this Heuchera is so bright, it's electric! New leaves emerge near black and lighten to an intense purple with dramatic black veining. Dainty, bright fuchsia pink flowers are produced on near black stems, with a color intensity that matches the awesome foliage. Compared to the popular 'Grape Expectations', 'Electric Plum' has a brighter purple foliage color, more attractive flowers, and improved floral performance. Growers will appreciate that this Heuchera does not require vernalization to bloom, although it is beneficial.This plant is a Heuchera villosa hybrid. The villosa species is a large, late blooming type that exhibits an increased tolerance of high heat and humidity over other species. Most produce cream flowers in midsummer, though they are grown more for their fantastic foliage. H. villosa is native to the southeastern United States.Coral bells are easy to grow and blend easily with most other perennials in the landscape. Because of their low, mounding habit, they are often used as edging along paths or in containers. Try cutting a few of the tall flower scapes for fresh bouquets.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 10 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.