Tophat Dwarf Blueberry
Perfect for containers or a low hedge
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Harvest in summer
We ship this item in Spring
Tophat Dwarf Blueberry
Enjoy the ease and satisfaction of growing your very own fruit! It's easy to imagine harvesting delicious, healthful blueberries right outside your door with this variety of blueberry! At just 60 cm (24") tall, compact Top Hat is perfect for growing in a pot on your patio. White, late-spring blooms are followed by a mid-to-late summer crop of tasty 1/2" berries. Blue-green leaves turn fiery red in autumn. Zones 4-8. Ships in 4" pot. Vaccinium 'Top Hat'
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameVaccinium 'Top Hat'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK CA GA GU HI MI OR PR WA
- Spread20 - 24 inches
- Spacing20 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateHarvest in summer
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm well and water thoroughly
- Winter CareA winter mulch in colder climates is advantageous
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormUrn shaped 1/3" borne in loose axillary clusters
- Foliage TypeGlossy, dark blue-green simple elliptical 1-2" long and half as wide
- Soil Requirementwell-drained sandy soil. Acid, humus enriched soil
- Additional InformationBears fruit in 1-3 years.
- Unique Charactersticsflavor is sweet, rich with a tart blueberry flavor. Great for container gardening and for ornamental use.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateTakes 3 to 4 years for top hat blueberry bush to mature and start providing fruit.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.