Dwarf Aster Collection
A burst of easy, late season color
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 16 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Late summer/early fall to frost
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Dwarf Aster Collection
Our Dwarf Aster Collection makes it easy to add late season color to your garden. You'll delight in hundreds of cheery, daisy-like flowers blooming on compact, mound-forming plants. Easy care, with no deadheading and no staking required. A perfect choice for lining walkways, accenting flower beds or pilling planters. Each collection include one each of Snow Flurry Aster, Wood's Blue Aster, Wood's Pink Aster and Wood's Purple Aster. Drought tolerant, deer and rabbit resistant. Zones 4-8.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure4
- Botanical NameAster novi-belgii
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 inches
- Spacing18 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateLate summer/early fall to frost
- Planting InstructionsLike mums, asters require long days for vegetative growth and short days for bud initiation and development.
- Winter CareMulch to prevent winter heaving in northern climates, especially where snow cover is lacking.
- Flower FormDelicate daisy flowers
- Foliage TypeDark green lance shaped foliage
- Soil RequirementMoist, well-drained soil. Wet winter soils are more damaging than the cold weather.
- PruningHard prune in winter. Divide every 3-4 years to maintain vigor.
- Additional InformationCollection contains Snow Flurry Aster, Wood's Blue Aster, Wood's Pink Aster, Wood's Purple Aster
- Unique CharactersticsA wonderfulcollection of asters for edging along the front of sunny mixed perennial beds.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 16 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.