Dutch Iris Mix
- Season Fall
- Botanical NameIris hollandica Mix
- Ships As6-7 CM BULB
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread3 - 4 inches
- Spacing3 - 4 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateEarly summer.
- Planting Instructions4" deep and 3-4" apart. Can even enjoy in a naturalized setting.
- Winter CareMulch in more northern areas.
- Flower FormNarrow standards and falls. Beardless.
- Foliage TypeLong, linear leaves.
- Pruning TimeRemove flowers after spent, and remove foliage only after it has completely died back.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus-enriched soil.
- PruningLet foliage die down naturally so nutrients can store up for next season's blooms. Remove flowers after spent, and remove foliage only after it has completely died back.
- Additional InformationIris have short-lived bulbs. To insure consistent flowering bulbs dug and divided after blooming.
- Unique CharactersticsSlightly ruffled, extremely colorful florets in a staggered arrangement up a single stem. Blooms from close to the base of the stem upward therefore extending the life of the flower in the garden setting or cut flower arrangement.
- Shipped6-7 CM BULB
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Plants and fertilizers will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
Birding supplies and other general merchandise are typically shipped within 5 business days.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Fresh Yuletide Centerpiece||Little Heath Pieris in Copper||Trees > 24"||Bareroot Roses||Annuals||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||11/6/17-12/22/17||10/16/17-12/26/17||4/2/18 - 6/22/18||4/16/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||11/6/17-12/22/17||10/16/17-12/26/17||3/19/18 - 6/22/18||4/2/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||11/6/17-12/22/17||10/16/17-12/26/17||3/5/18 - 6/22/18||3/19/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A & 6B||11/6/17-12/22/17||10/16/17-12/26/17||3/5/18 - 6/22/18||3/5/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||11/6/17-12/22/17||10/16/17-12/26/17||2/12/18 - 6/22/18||2/26/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||11/6/17-12/22/17||10/16/17-12/26/17||2/12/18 - 5/25/18||2/19/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||11/6/17-12/22/17||10/16/17-12/26/17||2/12/18 - 5/25/18||1/22/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||December 18,2017||December 29th,2017||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
|May 28th, 2018||June 4th, 2018||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.