Dinnerplate Dahlia Blend
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure5
- Botanical NameDahlia decorative 'Kelvin Floodlight', 'Tropical Sunset', 'Lady Darlene', 'Dana'
- Ships AsNO. 1 TUBER
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 30 inches
- Spacing24 - 30 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateMid-Late Summer (July - October)
- Planting InstructionsPlant tubers with sprouts 1 - 2" below the soil surface. Full sun for best flowering.
- Winter CareDahlias are not hardy. They must be dug up in fall and stored in a frost free location in areas that go below 35 degrees F in winter.
- Flower Color:mixed
- Flower FormFully double blooms approximately 8 - 10" across.
- Foliage TypeMid green, pinnate leaves with ovate leaflets.
- Soil RequirementSandy well drained soil. Will tolerate a wide range of soils except heavy clay.
- PruningRemove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and create a more bushy plant.
- Additional InformationSnip off side buds to get the largest central blooms. Provide a low nitrogen fertilizer. Avoid compost and high nitrogen water soluble fertilizers, they weaken stems and stunt bloom development.
- Unique CharactersticsColorful collection includes Kelvin Floodlight, Tropical Sunset, Lady Darlene, and Dana.
- ShippedNO. 1 TUBER
- Height/Habit32 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.