Dazzler Candy Lily
Rich, late-season color
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 12 - 14 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late summer.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Dazzler Candy Lily
Perennial •Z5-9 •H12-14"xW12-16" •Mid to Late Summer •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePardancanda norrisii 'Dazzler'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 16 inches
- Spacing12 - 16 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMid to late summer.
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same soil level it is at in the container, firm and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareIn northern regions, mulching will help protect the root system.
- Flower Form6 petaled, wide open blooms approximately 1 1/2" across.
- Foliage TypeSword like leaves rising from the root stock.
- Soil RequirementAverage to rich soil, well drained.
- Additional InformationPardancanda norrisii is the cross between Belamcanda chinensis and Iris dichtoma. Years of development work by Harlan Hamernik at Bluebird Nursery, Clarkson Nebraska.
- Unique CharactersticsX Pardancanda, commonly called candy lily, has flowers that closely resemble those of Belamcanda. It is a bigeneric genus (Belamcanda chinensis x Pardanthopsis dichotoma).Genus name is a combination of the genus names of Pardanthopsis and Belamcanda.Specific epithet honors amateur gardener Samuel Norrisis who in 1967 crossed two different genera, Belamcanda chinensis (blackberry lily) and Pardanthopsis dichotoma (vesper iris) to produce X Pardancanda'Dazzler' is a dwarf strain which features 6-petaled, saucer-shaped flowers (2" across) in a variety of colors including yellow, orange, pink, purple and red on scapes growing to 16" tall. Flowers primarily bloom in July-August, with some sporadic continued bloom to frost. Each flower lasts only one day. Sword-shaped, iris-like leaves.
- Height/Habit12 - 14 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.