- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Spring through fall
We ship this item in Spring
Perennial •Z4-8 •H6-12"xW12-15" •Midsummer •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCampanula portenschlagiana
- Ships As2.5 INCH POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 15 inches
- Spacing12 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateSpring through fall
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the pot
- Winter Carenone
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower Formbell-shaped
- Foliage Typedense mats of small ivy-like leaves which become hidden beneath the mass of small blue bells in summer.
- Soil RequirementAny well-drained garden soil.
- PruningNone, except to remove spent flower stems After flowering
- Unique CharactersticsThe best bellflower for trailing over stone walls, between stepping stones and in rock gardens. Charming bell-shaped purple flowers nearly hide the mounds of green. toothed foliage during the bloom period, lasting from spring to early summer; may bloom again in the fall. Herbaceous perennial.
- Shipped2.5 INCH POT
- Height/Habit6 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.