Créme de Cassis Hollyhock
Gorgeous color combination and flower form
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Mid summer to early fall.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Créme de Cassis Hollyhock
Biennial •Z3-8 •H4-6''xW2-3' •Midsummer to Fall •Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAlcea 'CrÃ¨me de Cassis'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMid summer to early fall.
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level they are growing in the container. Firm soil and water in well.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormDense, double, semi-double and single flowers on one stalk. Bell shaped 4" showy flowers.
- Foliage Type6-8" course rounded leaves, decorative with scalloped edges. Rough in texture.
- Soil RequirementFertile soil, evenly moist but well drained, with occasional applications of fertlizer.
- Pruningnone needed. Remove plant debris at the end of the season.
- Additional InformationHollyhock is a biennial, but it will self seed and remain in the garden for years. Apply a generous amount of composted manure each spring as hollyhocks are heavy feeders.
- Unique CharactersticsThis delightful charmer looks like it came directly from Grandma's garden. On a single stem you will find an unusual variation of blooms, including double, semi-double and single blooms, all with a bright yellow eye.
- Height/Habit4 - 6 feet
- Growth RateModerate to fast once established which takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.