Double Scoop™ Cranberry Coneflower
The very best double red coneflower!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 26 inches
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late summer until fall frosts.
We ship this item in Spring
Double Scoop™ Cranberry Coneflower
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameEchinacea 'Balscanery' PP#24,769
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread16 - 22 inches
- Spacing16 - 22 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateMid to late summer until fall frosts.
- Planting InstructionsWill grow in any well drained soil. Tolerant of drought conditions. Best in sunny hot locations.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormDaisy like with large prominent cone centers.
- Foliage TypeDark green, lanceolate, coarse and hairy and toothed.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, average - tolerant of poor infertile soil.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to encourage new blooms. After flowering.
- Unique CharactersticsSuch a rare color for Echinacea, this selection boasts saturated cranberry red, double pom-pom flowers that don't bleach out as they age, putting on a sizzling hot show of color in the landscape for several months beginning in early summer.The plants are very consistent and vigorous growers both in production and in the landscape. Clean, deep green foliage forms a sturdy, very well-branched, upright clump that fills out gallon sized pots well.The fragrant blossoms are long lasting in fresh bouquets and attract butterflies like a magnet.Praised for their cheerful brightly colored flowers, coneflowers are a mainstay in today's garden. Be sure to leave some spent blooms on the plants in the fall because their seeds provide winter food for finches and other birds. The dried seed heads also provide architectural interest in the winter.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit24 - 26 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.