Country Mix Hollyhocks
Striking color in the back border
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Midsummer to early fall.
We ship this item in Fall
Country Mix Hollyhocks
- Season Fall
- Botanical NameAlcea rosea
- Ships AsNO. 1 BR
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMidsummer to early fall.
- Planting InstructionsIncorporate organic matter and Advanced Formula Plant Food to enhance establishment and blooming.
- Winter CareMulch to protect roots and from frost heave.
- Flower Color:mixed
- Flower FormBell shaped flowers 3 - 5" borne singly on tall stalks.
- Foliage Type5-7 lobed, rounded, dull green
- Soil RequirementPrefers even soil moisture.
- Additional InformationHollyhocks may need to be staked in climates with windy weather. Some books list this variety as biennial.
- Unique CharactersticsMakes a bold statement early in the flowering year. The strong vibrant colors are welcome and the plant is of easy culture. Flowers in the first year. A good early food source for hummingbirds
- ShippedNO. 1 BR
- Height/Habit4 - 6 feet
- Growth RateFast.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.