Compact and floriferous
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late summer until fall frosts.
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameEchinacea purpurea 'PowWow Wild Berry'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 16 inches
- Spacing12 - 16 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateMid to late summer until fall frosts.
- Planting InstructionsWill grow in any well-drained soil. Tolerant of drought conditions. Best in sunny hot locations.
- Winter CareEspecially hardy.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormDaisy-like with large prominent cone center.
- Foliage TypeRough hairy stems with ovate toothed basal leaves.
- Soil RequirementWell drained.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to encourage new blooms. After flowering.
- Additional InformationExcellent, long-blooming flower.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: In our trials, we noted how floriferous the plants were. Each stocky, relatively short plant carried a bouquet of fragrant, 3-4", deep purple-pink to near-magenta flowers on stiff, branched stems. More branches result in more flowers per plant and a showier display in the landscape. We noted that the older flowers were nearly the same magenta color as the new flowers; the flowers held their bright coloration very well as they aged. This first year flowering perennial reportedly keeps on blooming without having to be deadheaded, though you may still want to trim back spent flowers to maintain a tidy appearance.Praised for their cheerful brightly colored flowers, coneflowers are a mainstay in today's garden. Be sure to leave some spent blooms on the plants in the fall because their seeds provide winter food for finches and other birds. The dried seed heads also provide architectural interest in the winter.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.