- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePhlox 'Cloudburst' PPAF
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread42 inches
- Spacing42 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateAll summer, rebloomer
- Planting InstructionsPlant at same depth as it is in the container.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormSimple 5 petals - 3/4" across in small terminal cymes.
- Foliage TypeSemi-evergreen, needle-like dark green leaves, 1" long; brighter green in spring.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, sandy soils, slightly alkaline.
- PruningOccasional shearing to stimulate growth. After flowering or late summer.
- Unique CharactersticsWalters: A brand new type of Phlox that combines the rich color of Tall Garden Phlox and the dome-like habits of Cushion Phlox. Dark purple buds open to lavender purple flowers with bright pink eyes that cover a broad, mounding, billowy habit. The pleasantly fragrant flowers cover the plant nearly all the way to the ground starting early summer and continue to bloom all summer long. Frustrated with mildew on your Tall Garden Phlox? 'Cloudburst' has excellent disease resistance; with broad, glossy, dark green leaves staying clean all summer long.
- Height/Habit28 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.