- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6.7 - 8.3 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Earlyto midsummer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Vine • Z4-9 • H8-10' x W3-4' • Early to Midsummer • Sun-Part Shade
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis 'Cloudburst'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarlyto midsummer
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground freezes, in areas where plants may heave from the ground due to alternate freezing and thawing temperatures. Remove most of the mulch in early spring, but keep 2-3" to keep the ground moist and shaded.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower Form4-5" single blossoms
- Foliage TypeMedium green, simple palmate to pinnate leaves arranged alternately and opposite on the stems.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, fertile, moisture-retentive soil.
- Unique CharactersticsClematis.com: The latest cultivar from Szczepan Marczynski's collection of intriguing light pink-violet flowers turning white towards the centre, with pinkish veins.Flowers 10-12 cm in diameter consist of 4-6 rhomboid, pointy sepals with slightly wavy edges, light pink underneath with a darker bar along the middle. Stamens harmonize beautifully with the perianth due to their dark, purple-violet, almost black anthers set on cream-coloured filaments. Blooms profusely from the end of June till mid-August and continues moderately till the end of September. Leaves, up to 20 cm long and 15 cm wide, consist of 3-5 lackluster green leaflets, each about 10 cm long and 6 cm wide, sometimes dented. New shoots are green-purple and old ones are brown. The plant reaches 3 m height. Climbs by leaf petiole. Relatively undemanding, robust cultivar.Useful for creating covers, growing over arbours, trellises and other tall garden supports. It can also climb over natural supports, such as large shrubs or trees.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit6.7 - 8.3 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.