Cherry Sparkler Fountain Grass
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 48 inches
- Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Date: Late spring to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Cherry Sparkler Fountain Grass
Instantly transform the look of your garden by adding easy-care ornamental grasses. They make stunning focal points, graceful borders or perfect complements to your other plantings.
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePennisetum advena 'Cherry Sparkler' PPAF
- Ships As2" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 inches
- Spacing24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-10
- Flowering DateLate spring to late summer
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the container. Firm and water in thoroughly.
- Winter CareNot winter hardy. In the north it performs as a striking annual.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormPlume
- Foliage TypeLong, narrow ribbon-like foliage, midvein is the burgundy color and is flanked by hot pink margins
- Soil RequirementAverage garden soil
- PruningTrim back old stems in late winter to early spring.
- Additional InformationHardy in zones 9-10, treat as an annual in other zones.
- Unique CharactersticsRefreshing new look to an old time favorite to add to your garden! Pink blush overtakes the white and green striped leaves as light levels increase. The red/burgundy plumes will grow up to a height of 30". Discover this new variety!
- Shipped2" POT
- Height/Habit24 - 48 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.