Charles Burgess Peony
Later blooming variety
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Charles Burgess Peony
Perennial • Z3-8 • H30-36"xW30-36" • Late Spring • Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePaeonia 'Charles Burgess'
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread30 - 36 inches
- Spacing30 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsIt is very important to plant with the eye(s)1 1/2 - 2" below the soil level. If they are planted too deep it will result in poor flowering
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormLarge single blooms with a crowd of petal-like stamens in the centers.
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green foliage that is very attractive and ornamental through-out the growing season.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soil that is moisture retentive.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long. After flowering.
- Additional InformationCan be used as cut flowers but single blooming peony's blooms tend to not last as long as double blooming peony blooms do in a vase.
- Unique CharactersticsExotic fruit tree. Bearing lots of big avocado fruits. 3 - 4'' Fruits are dark green to black with a leather like skin. Often compared to alligator skin. Fruits contain vitamins and minerals. Also contains lots of "Avocado oil".
- Height/Habit30 - 36 inches
- Growth RateSlow to moderate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.