Sweet flavor and unique color
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 10 feet
- Zone: 7-10
- Flowering Date: Main harvest is in late summer/early fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Tree • Z7-10 • H10'xW10' • Harvest in Late Summer to Early Fall • Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameFicus carica 'Champagne'
- Ships AsBAREROOT PLUG
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 feet
- Spacing10 feet
- Hardiness Zone7-10
- Flowering DateMain harvest is in late summer/early fall
- Planting InstructionsPlace the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots do not pack the soil. Water plant thoroughly.
- Winter CareMove indoors to a frost free location if your winter temperatures go below 0 degrees F each winter.
- Flower Forminconspicuous
- Foliage Type5 lobed medium green
- PruningDo not require regular pruning once established. Prune figs trees annually during the first three growing seasons to establish desired shape. Best to prune immediately after the main crop is harvested in early fall.
- Unique CharactersticsGurney's: Very good quality, yellow exterior with unique gold to carmel-colored interior. Bred at Louisiana State University, the main crop ripens over 15 days beginning in early July (comparable to Celeste, which is one of its parents). Very sweet flavor is excellent for fresh use or preserves. Vigorous, upright growth habit.
- ShippedBAREROOT PLUG
- Height/Habit10 feet
- Growth RateVigourus grower
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.