Celestial Shadow Dogwood
Variegated foliage turns shades of purple and pink
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 25 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Celestial Shadow Dogwood
Tree • Z5-9 • H25'xW20' • Late Spring to Early Summer • Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCornus x 'Celestial Shadow'
- Ships As2-3' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread20 feet
- Spacing20 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly
- Winter CareA winter mulch is advantageous the first winter if fall planted
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormFlower bracts that are pointed at the tips with 4 petals.
- Foliage TypeGlossy green pinnate leaves turn red in fall
- Soil RequirementPrefers an acid, humus enriched soil that is well drained
- Unique CharactersticsBowerandbranch.com: The Celestial Shadow Dogwood tree is a rare and choice ornamental tree that will wow you all season long with a parade of changing colors. In spring, you'll marvel at the variegated leaves when they emerge, each one bordered by a generous margin of canary yellow. The green and gold leaves soon become the backdrop for dazzling white flowers, and in fall the foliage turns psychedelic shades of purple and pink! This hybrid Dogwood tree is not only a looker, but a strong and healthy selection with greater disease resistance than ordinary Flowering Dogwoods. Plant one now and let the show begin!
- Shipped2-3' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit25 feet
- Growth RateSlow to moderate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.