Carolina Sweetheart™ Redbud
"Nothing else on the planet like this" –Dr. Tom Ranney, NC State University
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 20 - 30 feet
- Zone: 6-9
- Flowering Date: Early-mid spring
We ship this item in Spring
Carolina Sweetheart™ Redbud
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCercis canadensis 'NCCC1'
- Ships As2-4' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread25 - 30 feet
- Hardiness Zone6-9
- Flowering DateEarly-mid spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant as any bare root tree.
- Winter CareWinter mulch for first 2 - 3 years
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormTypical bean/pea like flowers
- Foliage TypeBeautiful heart shaped variegated leaves when young. Mid green glossy when young. 3" - 5" across
- Soil RequirementRich woodsy soil with plenty of organic matter.
- PruningDoes not need it
- Additional InformationA flat lopped tree with a rounded crown. Ideal for small gardens or small areas such as terraces and patios. Flowers at a young age 4 - 6 years.
- Unique CharactersticsExcellent for the shady garden or border where they provide a prominent, graceful display. The beautiful flowers and over-all charm of this plant makes it an indispensible main-stay of any shady garden. If flower heads are left uncut they will provide good winter interest, or they can be cut to add a unique note to dried flower arrangements. The foliage is very ornamental giving this plant an attractive look during the whole growing season. An excellent three season plant.
- Shipped2-4' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit20 - 30 feet
- Growth RateModerate, rapid in first few years. 7' -10' in 5 to 6 years
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.