on orders of $50 or more!
-Tap to Save-
Oops, there seems to be an error, please re-enter your email address.
- Unusual umbrella-like form
- Colorful ornamental tree from spring to fall
- Adds color to woodland sites
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 20 - 30 feet
- Zone: 6-9
- Flowering Date: Early-mid spring
Carolina Sweetheart™ Redbud
One of the loveliest, most colorful redbuds we've seen. In early to mid-spring, rosy purple flowers open along its stems, creating a spectacular effect. The color show continues when its graceful, heart-shaped leaves emerge. The variegated leaves open to shades of pink, red, white, purple and green. Growing 20-30' tall with a 25-30' spread, this lovely redbud has a beautiful umbrella-like growth habit. It's an ideal choice as a specimen plant—or group with other woodland plants. This new release is the result of work done by Dr. Tom Ranney at North Carolina State University. Cercis canadensis 'Carolina Sweetheart' PPAF.
Planting Success: Step by Step