- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure10
- Botanical NameCamassia quamash
- Ships As6-8 CM BULB
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 - 9 inches
- Spacing6 - 9 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant 1-2" deep and 3-6" apart. Full sun is best but has some tolerance of partial shade.
- Winter CareNone special
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormThe flower rise in an open spike of star-shaped blossoms, ranging from pale blue to a deep blue-violet.
- Foliage TypeCamas have the signature strap-like leaves, with the flowering stem rising above the graceful cascade of leaves.
- Soil RequirementTolerant of many soil types and can thrive in heavy clay.
- Watering RequirementLittle or no water
- PruningNone not needed
- Unique CharactersticsThe drought-tolerant flower will rise in an open spike of star-shaped blossoms. The pale blue to deep blue flowers will grace your garden! Suitable for xeriscaping!
- Shipped6-8 CM BULB
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.