Calamondin Orange Tree
Perfect size for containers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 9-11
- Flowering Date: Flowers year round; Harvest in Summer
We ship this item in Spring
Calamondin Orange Tree
Tree •Z9-11 •H4-6'XW2-3'•Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCitrus x citrofortunella mitis
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK AZ CA FL GU HI LA PR SC TX
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone9-11
- Flowering DateFlowers year round; Harvest in Summer
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same depth is growing at in the container. Firm and water in well
- Winter CareAs a subtropical plant it is not hardy north of zone 9. Makes a good indoor plant during the in winter
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormWaxy, white star-like flowers up 3/4"across, form large clusters
- Foliage TypeThick, leathery, glossy leaves 2 - 3" long
- Soil RequirementA well drained acid soil that is humus enriched
- PruningOnly to shape as desired and keep compact After flowering
- Unique CharactersticsGurney's: Four hours or more of direct sunlight from a South window. Let plant approach dryness before watering. Average indoor humidity levels. Day temperature 65 - 70 degrees F.; night temperature 50 - 55 degrees F. Use an acid-balanced fertilizer throughout the year and add trace elements in the Spring. Leaves will drop if soil is too wet or too dry. High pH or high soluble salts can cause leaf yellowing. Will not bloom if light is too low. May need to hand pollinate for better fruit production. Not unusual to drop fruit as they will typically set more fruit than they can support. Sets small, juicy, tart oranges.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit4 - 6 feet
- Growth RateSlow to moderate once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.