Adds color to patio containers.
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 12 - 24 inches
- Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Date: Non-flowering
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameCaladium hortulanum
- Ships AsNO. 2 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 - 12 inches
- Spacing10 - 12 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-10
- Flowering DateNon-flowering
- Planting InstructionsPlant 2" deep (bud tips up) and 10" apart. Water well after planting. Place in a warm, filtered light area away from direct sun light which will scorch the leaves.
- Winter CareWinter hardy in zones 9-10; lift in all other zones in fall and store in a cool, dry place where they won't freeze.
- Flower FormNon-flowering
- Foliage TypeLarge peltate heart-shaped leaves with colorful membranes.
- ResistanceGood to most pests and diseases.
- Soil RequirementWell drained.
- PruningNo pruning necessary. Remove old leaves when they turn yellow to keep plant tidy.
- Additional InformationCaladiums are tender and need to be moved indoors for the winter months. Or moved to an unheated garage until spring.
- Unique CharactersticsSuper hardy, spreading semi-evergreen perennial. Grown as much for the delicate lavender flowers as the ornamental foliage.
- ShippedNO. 2 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit12 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.