Butterfly Lovers' Veronica Collection
New varieties with longer bloom times
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 28 - 32 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Butterfly Lovers' Veronica Collection
Attract pollinators all summer long with this collection of easy-care perennials. This collection includes one each of White Wands, Perfectly Picasso and Blue Skywalker veronicas at a savings of 44% versus buying them individually. All three produce flower spikes that wave above clumps of straplike foliage, creating a display of white, pink or blue hues. Their space-saving form—growing up rather than out—makes them ideal for smaller gardens, urban plots or containers. And while butterflies, bees and hummingbirds love them, deer tend to avoid the plants. They're easy to maintain; no pruning or deadheading is necessary. They all bloom for weeks in the summertime. 3" pots. Veronica 'White Wands,' 'Blue Skywalker,' 'Perfectly Picasso
Perennial •Z4-9 •Height and Width Varies •Summer •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameVeronica 'Blue Skywalker', 'White Wands', 'Perfectly Picasso'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 20 inches
- Spacing18 - 20 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateMid to late summer
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the container, firm and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch to prevent from frost heave in areas where temperatures fluctuate, causing freezing and thawing.
- Flower Color:blue, pink, white, mixed
- Flower FormSmall, star-like flowers along top 1/3 of the flower stems, forming dense spires.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, adaptable to most soils except heavy wet ones.
- PruningPruning is not necessary during the growing season. This is a very tidy plant. Remove old foliage in late fall, or in early spring before new growth starts. After flowering.
- Unique CharactersticsPerfectly Picasso: If you want stop-in-your-tracks beauty, look no further than 'Perfectly Picasso'. Paintbrush-like spikes produce white buds that open to medium pink flowers. The contrast between the buds and the flowers give this plant a unique bicolor look. Attractive flowers cover the top 1/2 of the plant, showing off its healthy medium green leaves on a beautifully rounded habit. This medium-height Veronica would be perfect for the middle of the border. Pair this bicolor beauty with 'Royal Rembrandt'. White Wands: MAGIC SHOW® Spike Speedwell have long, narrow flower spikes that look like colorful wands-and 'White Wands' is the perfect neutral white color if you'd like to combine with brightly colored annuals, like SUPERTUNIA®. 'White Wands' is the perfect height to plant behind your low-growing perennials, but if front of your shrubs, and will bloom from midsummer into late summer. Honeybees, hummingbirds, and butterflies delight in their sweet nectar. The dark green, glossy linear leaves display better disease resistance than older Veronica. Blue Skywalker: The popular trend in the perennial market is offering smaller plants to fit into the increasingly common city garden. 'Blue Skywalker' solves the dilemma of limited horizontal space while still providing the much needed height in the garden. Lavender blue flower spikes cover the top half of an incredibly upright habit of dark green leaves. Although it's taller than you'd expect from a Veronica, this plant still features a full, dense habit.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit28 - 32 inches
- Growth RateModerate once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.