Burning Hearts Dicentra
Long bloom time
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 10 - 12 inches
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early fall
We ship this item in Spring
Burning Hearts Dicentra
Perennial • Z4-9 • H10-12" x 10-12" • Mid Spring to Late Summer • Shade-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameDicentra 'Burning Hearts' PP#20,797
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 - 12 inches
- Spacing10 - 12 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early fall
- Planting InstructionsPerforms best in partial shade location with ample moisture in the soil.
- Winter CareIn areas with strong winds and little snow cover a winter mulch is recommended.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormHeart-shaped pendant flowers.
- Foliage TypeBlue green finely dissected and fernlike.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soil.
- PruningNone necessary.
- Unique CharactersticsThis is from a new line of Iris with an innovative new pattern of color -- a wide (1 inch or more!) band circling each fall. And it does it in a gorgeous ultramarine blue! The substance is remarkable, enabling it to come through rain and wind with a smile, and the size is also remarkable, in keeping with its modern breeding.
- Height/Habit10 - 12 inches
- Growth RateSlow to moderate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.