Burning Desire Tulip Mix
Outstanding color combo
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 16 - 18 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Mid spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Burning Desire Tulip Mix
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure25
- Botanical NameTulipa 'Red Present' and 'Purple Flag'
- Ships AsBULBS
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Spacing3 - 6 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMid spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant 6" deep and 3 - 6" apart.
- Winter CareMulch +/- 2".
- Flower Color:red, purple
- Flower FormUpright, bell or funnel shaped.
- Foliage TypeGray-green, linear or broadly ovate.
- Soil RequirementWell drained.
- PruningIt is important to let the foliage mature and die down naturally, do not cut back. Next year's bloom is being developed. When foliage is yellow or dried.
- Additional InformationMix includes Red Present and Purple Flag tulips.
- Unique CharactersticsTulips are a great way for adding a punch of color in early spring. The bright red hue of Red Present beautiully complements the solid deep purple of Purple Flag. Both varieties are excellent for cutting as well.
- Height/Habit16 - 18 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.