Burgundy Lace Japanese Fern
Light up a shady spot
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 12 - 18 inches
- Zone: 3-8
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Burgundy Lace Japanese Fern
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAthyrium niponicum var. pictum 'Burgundy Lace' PP15072
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Planting InstructionsShade or filtered light with good soil moisture.
- Winter CareMulch the first winter to prevent frost heave of young plants.
- Flower Formn/a
- Foliage TypeLance-shaped pinnate fronds with striking burgundy, pink and silver tones.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, moisture retentive, humus enriched soil.
- Additional InformationMore pronounced leaf coloring after the second winter dormancy.
- Unique CharactersticsLow growing, clump forming fern with burgundy, pink and silver tones blended beautifully as if a skilled artist created each leaflet. Thrives in moist soil rich in organic matter but will tolerate clay soils better than other ferns. Great shade addition next to chartreuse green plants.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit12 - 18 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.