Large, 4-5" flowers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 36 - 48 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: June to August
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameEchinacea 'Bravado'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 36 inches
- Spacing12 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateJune to August
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed.
- Flower Color:pink
- Foliage TypeOvate to broad-lanceolate, dark green leaves.
- Soil RequirementMoist well drained soil. Once established it is drought tolerant.
- PruningDivide clumps about every 4 years. Plants rebloom without deadheading, but removal of spent flowers improves appearance.
- Additional InformationIn the winter the dead flower stems will remain erect. If flower heads are not removed, the blackened cones may be visited by goldfinches or other birds who will feed on the seeds.
- Unique CharactersticsMissouri Botanical Garden: Echinacea is a genus of seven species all endemic to eastern and central North America. Coneflowers bloom from June to August with some sporadic later bloom. Good fresh cut or dried flower. The dead flower stems will remain erect well into the winter, and if flower heads are not removed, the blackened cones may be visited by goldfinches or other birds that feed on the seeds.Genus name of Echinacea comes from the Greek word echinos meaning hedgehog or sea-urchin in reference to the spiny center cone found on most flowers in the genus.'Bravado' has 4 to 5 in. wide flowers that have light to rose-pink, horizontal petals and an orange cone. It grows 3 to 4 ft. tall and 1.5 to 2 ft. wide.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit36 - 48 inches
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.