Blushing Bridesmaid Lenten Rose
Bicolor double blooms
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late winter through early to mid spring.
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Blushing Bridesmaid Lenten Rose
In early spring, even before the last of the winter weather has departed, these lovely double blooms make an appearance to spread their bicolor beauty to the area. Rich raspberry-pink picotee edges and veining adorn snow-white blossoms for a lush look you're sure to love. A dark burgundy color appears on the petals' reverse for an even more dynamically appealing bloom. These are fantastic, vigorous flowers with an upright, compact form that's perfect for container gardens, woodland areas and early-season indoor bouquets. Deer resistant and drought tolerant. Prefers full or partially shaded areas. Zones 4-9. Helleborus orientalis 'Blushing Bridesmaid'
Among the earliest blooms to emerge in early spring, Hellebores, also known as Lenten Roses, sometimes push up through late-season snow to show their pretty faces to the world. Hardy, vigorous and easy to grow, they prefer well-drained soil and will become drought-tolerant in later years. They add color and beauty to an otherwise bleak landscape, appearing before any of the traditional spring-blooming flowers. This deer-resistant shade perennial is available in a variety of colors, and look marvelous in woodland areas and around shrubs and tree lines.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHelleborus 'Blushing Bridemaid' WEDDING PARTY™ series
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate winter through early to mid spring.
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground has frozen, if planted in fall. Remove the mulch in late winter, before growth starts.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormLarge, double, cup-shaped flowers.
- Foliage TypeGlossy green, leathery leaves divided into 7- to 9-toothed leaflets. Evergreen in warmer climates.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, moisture-retentive soil, but does become drought-tolerant as it matures.
- PruningOnly to remove old, damaged or brown foliage. Pruning is not necessary, except to remove old, damaged, and brown foliage.
- Unique CharactersticsPlants were selected for their notable vigor, showy floral displays with excellent bloom production, and a variety of rich flower colors. Blushing Bridesmaid bears 2-2 1/2" double white flowers with raspberry pink veining and picotee edge. Blooming for six weeks, hellebores harbor spring and begin blooming even when snow is still on the ground.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.