Blueberry Smoothie™ Hibiscus
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHibiscus syriacus 'DS01BS' PP#26,662
- Ships As15-18" BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateEarly summer to frost
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch first winter in northern areas. Avoid areas with excessive soil moisture.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormOpen, saucer-shaped flowers, 3 - 5" across, have overlapping petals.
- Foliage TypeStrong green, maple-like, deeply toothed along margins. Foliage appears in mid spring.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained soil. Very tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- PruningPrune to shape or rejuvenate an old plant. Remove dead or broken branches. Early spring to midsummer.
- Unique CharactersticsFastgrowingtrees: The captivating flowers are a gorgeous blue-purple. The colors of the Blueberry Hibiscus Smoothie tree are unlike anything else. Reminiscent of blueberry ice cream, the deep purples curl at the edges of the transfixing bright blue petals. The pop of color will be an incredible addition to your landscape. You get massive double blooms with this tree. The Blueberry Smoothie produces huge, double blooms that sit perfectly amongst the bright green leaves. The contrast of healthy purple flowers on top of vibrant green foliage will brighten up your garden. Not only is the color mesmerizing, so is the shape of the flowers. The Blueberry Smoothie Hibiscus is sometimes referred to as the Rose of Sharon because of the flowers' shape. Crumpled paper like Hibiscus petals emerge in blossoms that looks like a rose. Your garden pops with color as everything else begins to fade. In the dog days of late summer as flowers from other plants begin to fade and wither from the heat, the Blueberry Smoothie Hibiscus tree begins to bloom. Just as you begin to miss the vibrant colors of spring, your Hibiscus tree will flower into the autumn. Butterflies and Hummingbirds can't stay away from the bright colors. The Blueberry Smoothie is a magnet for butterflies and hummingbirds. Imagine sitting in your garden in late summer admiring the bright purple blossoms, surrounded by dancing hummingbirds and colorful butterflies. Just plant it and enjoy it. You don't need to worry about annoying maintenance. This tree can't help but look beautiful, no matter what you do. You will get a gorgeous site in your garden with very little investment of time and energy. This ornamental is perfect for so many uses. If you pot this tree, you can place it anywhere you like for an additional spark of color. You can plant several in your yard, in a row and create a gorgeous privacy hedge. The uses are only as limited as your imagination. Brighten up your landscape today! The Blueberry Smoot
- Shipped15-18" BAREROOT
- Height/Habit4 - 5 feet
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.