Blue Moon Reblooming Wisteria
Blooms as many as three times a year! Hardy to -40°f, too!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 15 - 25 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Blooms mid to late spring, blooming 3 times per year
We ship this item in Spring
Blue Moon Reblooming Wisteria
>> Browse all Gardening How-To Videos
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameWisteria macrostachya 'Blue Moon'
- Type of Fruitvelvety pods
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread15 - 20 feet
- Spacing15 - 20 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateBlooms mid to late spring, blooming 3 times per year
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the container, firm well and water thoroughly. Provide a support for it to grow up
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter if planted in fall. Remove early in spring before growth starts
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormFlowers are a beautiful lavender-blue, borne in foot-long recemes
- Foliage TypeCompound, 7" - 12" long, mad up of ovate - oblong 1" - 2" leaflets
- Pruning TimePrune after flowering and again in the fall
- ResistanceGood resistance to all pests and diseases
- Soil RequirementAverage well drained garden soil. Water well when it is hot and dry
- PruningTo maintain shape and desired coverage. Prune after flowering and again in the fall.
- Unique CharactersticsExciting native species improved to dependably bloom up to three times in a single growing season. Lavender blue flowers occur in foot long clusters. The hardiest of wisteria
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit15 - 25 feet
- Growth RateFast once established which takes the first growing season
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.