Blue Ray™ Flowering Dogwood
Plant for the blooms, but also the foliage and form
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 15 - 20 feet
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Spring
We ship this item in Spring
Blue Ray™ Flowering Dogwood
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCornus kousa chinensis 'JN6' PPAF
- Ships As2-3' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK FL GU HI PR
- Spread15 - 20 feet
- Spacing15 - 20 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateSpring
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly
- Winter CareA winter mulch is advantageous the first winter if fall planted
- Flower Color:white
- Flower Form4 ovate bracts 2-3" long which open large white flowers
- Foliage TypeGlossy green leaves deepen to red in fall
- Soil RequirementBest grown as a specimen tree in a fertile, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil in full sun or partial shade. It is not recommended for poor, shallow, chalk soils.
- PruningDead wood should be removed after flowering
- Unique CharactersticsGarden Debut: Unique in featuring large blue-green foliage which lies flat against its vase-shaped silhouette. Foliage remains attractive all growing season serving as the perfect backdrop for 3-4" creamy white flowers in spring. Disease and insect resistant, an excellent choice for a landscape specimen or in small groupings.
- Shipped2-3' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit15 - 20 feet
- Growth RateSlow to moderate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.