Blue Pillar Clematis
Flowers cover the plant
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early summer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Blue Pillar Clematis
Vine •Z4-9 •H7-9' •Early to Midsummer •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis 'Blue Pillar'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly summer to fall
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground freezes, in areas where plants may heave from the ground due to alternate freezing and thawing temperatures. Remove most of the mulch in early spring, but keep 2-3" to keep the ground moist and shaded.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower Form4-5" single blossoms
- Foliage TypeMedium green, simple palmate to pinnate leaves arranged alternately and opposite on the stems.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, fertile, moisture-retentive soil.
- Unique CharactersticsClematis.com: Compact cultivar, with flowers 10-12 cm in diameter consisting of six elliptic, bright blue sepals with a lighter bar along the middle and slightly wavy edges; anthers are purple on white filaments and pistils are yellow. Flowers cover the plant tightly from top to bottom. Free-flowering from June till July. Dark green, glossy leaves usually consist of three pointed elliptic leaflets. Reaches 2 m height. Climbs by means of leaf petiolae. Suitable for growing over obelisks or other garden supports as well as along low fences. It can also climb natural supports such as deciduous or coniferous shrubs not requiring heavy pruning. Looks particularly attractive combined with yellow leaves or flowers.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit4 - 6 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.