Blue Lace Delphinium
Vigorous hybrid of English garden classic
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 5 - 6 feet
- Zone: 3-7
- Flowering Date: Early Summer to Fall
We ship this item in Spring
Blue Lace Delphinium
Perennial •Z3-7 •H5-6'x W18-24" •Summer, Reblooms in Fall •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameDelphinium New Millennium™ 'Blue Lace'
- Ships As2.5 INCH POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-7
- Flowering DateEarly Summer to Fall
- Planting InstructionsPlant at soil level, addition of organic matter and Advanced Formula Plant Food will enhance first year growth and blooming.
- Winter CareMulch is recommended for northern zones 3 and 4. Remove early in the spring before growth starts.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormShowy racemes or spikes.
- Foliage TypeSmall, delicate, finely serrated.
- Soil RequirementMoist, well-drained prefers organic soil with high fertilization.
- PruningCut back flower stems to encourage additional blooms. After flowering
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: Densely packed spires of true sky blue flowers with a touch of lavender pink are presented on very strong stems in early summer. Removing spent flower spikes will result in another round of blooms on secondary spikes in late summer and fall. Its large, deeply incised leaves make this plant attractive even when it's not in bloom.The English hybrid type of delphiniums are bred by Dowdeswell's Delphiniums in New Zealand and are hand crossed to produce the highest quality seed. These F1 hybrids have excellent form, strong stems, and a vigorous growth habit. They were selected for their improved tolerance of heat and humidity, while retaining their cold hardiness.
- Shipped2.5 INCH POT
- Height/Habit5 - 6 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.